Memory work: Telling and listening to Stories of the Heart: Spiritual and pastoral work in loss, dying, death and bereavement (Pretoria)
To train carers (professional and lay) to provide compassionate emotional and spiritual care and counselling for people living with HIV/AIDS and terminal illness and their families, as well as other people experiencing loss, dying and death. In this creative course, counsellors, pastors and caregivers will increase their own understanding of loss, death and dying. A model for creating a memory book is presented. A memory work programme will be demonstrated.
Dates and times:
- 14-16 September 2015
- Daily from 08:30-16:00
- Tea/Coffee and rusks available
- Light lunch included
- HospiVision Training Centre
- Out Patients Building, Tshwane District Hospital, Dr Savage Road, Deerness
- Understanding loss, dying, death and bereavement.
- Understand the impact of dying and death.
- Loss and the bereavement process.
- Life maps and memory work.
- The use of life maps and memory work in counselling and spiritual care.
- Creative techniques in care and counselling.
- The life map technique as structure for life stories and memory work.
- Loss: companionship, care and comfort.
- Practical components for a memory work programme.
- Minister effectively to the dying and the bereaved.
Registration and information:
- Contact June Kriel 012-3299492 / 0123294420 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Banking details: HospiVision, ABSA, Ben Swart Street, Acc. Nr. 4050423436, Branch code 632005. Use HV & Surname as reference.
- Please email proof of payment to f email@example.com or fax to 012-329 9151
- 15 CPD points for pastors/ministers.
- 15 CPD points for SACSSP (social work)
- All participants receive an attendance certificate.
- A University of Pretoria certificate issued on completion of practical work and assignment