THE CMF AIMS TO:
- Unite Christian healthcare providers in a strong bond of Witness, Prayer and Bible study
- Challenge its partners to share Jesus Christ with patients and colleagues as Lord and Saviour, bringing them to faith in Him and acceptance of His teaching
- Encourage partners to propagate and defend the fundamental truths of Christianity and to ensure that these Truths are reflected in the moral / ethical issues of the day
- Introduce partners to programmes and projects which foster interest in medical mission work; and to recruit, equip and support healthcare providers for service in under-served areas
- Encourage networking with other organisations
- Facilitate support for and promote fellowship with medical students
- Establish mentorship programmes for undergraduate and junior graduate partners
- Promote its link to the International Christian Medical and Dental Association with its numerous affiliated organisations
As a Fellowship, we believe in:
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject to Gods wrath and redemption.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and His ascension to the right hand of God.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one holy, universal Church, which is the Body of Christ and to which all believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Partners of the Christian Medical Fellowship of South Africa must declare their faith in these principles.